Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

The New Year

2013 is upon us already, and as we settle back into our weekly routine, I find myself breathing  a sigh of relief.  Things are normal again.  Don’t get me wrong – I love the holidays, and especially Christmas break!  It gives me and the children a much-needed reprieve from school work.  About three days into break, though, comes the inevitable, “I’m bored!” or, “There’s nothing to do!”  Thankfully, we had so much to do around the house that I nipped that complaint in the bud by giving them various and sundry extra chores.  That was fun! :)

Two days after Christmas, we had an impromptu visit from my family.  It was a great and exciting event in our house, because not only were Grandpa and Grandma coming, but Uncle Micah, too.  And everyone loves Uncle Micah!  They only stayed three days, since they had other family to visit (or at least that is what they told us – I have a feeling it may have had something to do with our deflating air mattress), but we did have a wonderful time together, and we are so glad they were able to come for a short visit.

We spent New Year’s Eve with some of our church family, playing games and fellowshipping, then went home and partied some more… Well, I did, anyway!

Paul went to an evangelist’s conference in Indiana, and came home on his birthday.  The kids and I had planned a little birthday celebration for him upon his return, so late that night, we had fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and ice cream, and they showered him with hugs, kisses, and felicitations.  A few presents, too. :)

This is the end of our first week of school this year.  Lesson plans loom up before me, but refreshed from my break, I can handle anything right now.  The transmission went out of our “Black Rocket” (a primer black 1989 Ford Ranger that we use as a second vehicle) last week, too.  Paul has spent a lot of time this week fixing the truck, and we hope to have two running vehicles again by this weekend.  The adventure never stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment