Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Home Again

The sweetest words of tongue or pen, "My dear, at last, we're home again!"  We arrived on Monday evening, and the last few days have been a flurry of unpacking and cleaning.  My house was nice and clean, but a bit dusty.  All of us are glad to be back at the house for a few weeks.  The weather here is cold, but not freezing - I think spring is just around the corner.  We ran out of heating oil early Thursday morning, so we we all wearing jackets and sweaters around the house.  The heating oil truck arrived in the late afternoon, and we were all glad to see it coming!  Now we are all snuggy warm again.

This past week was the third "birthday" celebration of Swagbucks.  There were lots of exciting things going on, most of which I missed because we were traveling all day.  I did have a good friend who helped me out, though!  Thanks, Lois!  I was able to earn two more Amazon .com gift cards this week, all of which are going toward my Christmas shopping.  I already have a few things picked out!  If you haven't started earning Swagbucks yet, join up today.  It is Mega Swagbucks day every Friday, so you can earn even more doing searches than you do on every other day.  Try it out!  I think my favorite feature on Swagbucks is the coupons.  You can earn 10 Swagbucks for every coupon that you print and redeem.  this means you can earn money while saving money!  I have used a lot of the coupons this week at my local Kroger.  They have a great deal on cereal this week, so I stocked my pantry. 

We are doing some cosmetic work on our house right now. The walls of the stairway going down to the basement look like someone punched holes in them ( the previous owners, not us) so Paul is attempting to figure out the best way to fix them.  We need some new drywall, obviously.  I hope to get it all done this week, and painted, too, but we will see.  Home projects have a way of gobbling up more time and money than originally expected!

1 comment:

  1. wow, 2 Amazon cards - good job!! :)

    Yay for being home again. And you are so right on home projects taking twice as long and sometime costing twice as much as originally planned! :)

    ReplyDelete