Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who's That Hillbilly?

Several weeks ago, Daniel wore this authentic cowboy hat for the first time.  You may remember seeing the pictures of the kids riding the minature horses.  Same hat, different look.  After a few weeks in the tender care of my children, the hat no longer proudly proclaims, "I am a cowboy," but instead, it seems to say,"I am a hillbilly!"  Yuk-yuk!

I cannot help but laugh when any of the family wears it - it looks like something Jed Clampett would wear.  Paul had me in hysterics the other day, putting it on and talking in his best redneck voice. I wish I had a picture of that, but I wasn't fast enough!  :)

Daniel put the hat on the other morning, and was running around the trailer.  He laughed and giggled and made that crumpled-up hat look so cute.  He refused to stand still long enough for me to get a really good picture, but that didn't keep me from trying, and especially not from laughing.  How sweet and precious these everyday memories become as my children grow up.  One day, the hat will be discarded because it is old and out of shape, but for now, it is a treasure to my son, and thus, to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment