Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seeing Red





I cannot explain the pull that this purse had for me, besides the fact that it was more than 80% off and had a zillion little pockets and dividers for organizing (yes, I am OCD about organization, but I think most of you already know that).  I saw it and was drawn to it because of the color first of all.  It seems like the last few purses I have purchased have all had a big color punch.  The first time I walked in the house with my lime green purse, Paul stared at me as if I had lost my mind.  "It doesn't even match any of your clothes," he said incredulously.  I laughed, and said, "So what?  I like it!"  End of conversation.  Then came the black purse with the gorgeous green lining, a semblance of conservatism that pleased me to no end.  I really liked the turquoise purses that cam out this spring, but didn't find one with the right kind of pockets.  Enter the red purse.  Paul raised his eyebrows and said, "Red?!"  I just grinned.  Why not? No, it matches nothing in my closet at present, but I won't concern myself with insignificant details.  It makes me smile when I look at it.  That should be enough to make my husband happy, right? :)

5 comments:

  1. Sarah, I LOVE the purse! Red is my favorite color and I have to resist it or I would have 23 red purses! And, of course, the pockets are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting a red purse too! :)

    It doesn't have to "match" :) a red purse with denim and white or denim and black or just black pops and would be fun! couple that with some fun red jewelry and you will be stylin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purse - it's absolutely the perfect red! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me? Red goes with everything!--Brown, black (that covers 80% of my closet). And for that matter, lime green and torquoise do too!! Love it Sarah!

    ReplyDelete