Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Soaking in the Sunshine

We  made it!  All the way across the USA to sunny, southern California!  I am so glad to be here in the warm and wonderful 75 degree weather.  We had a pretty uneventful trip across Texas.  We stayed in El Paso and were in services there with Valley Baptist Church.  It was our first time to be there, and the people were so friendly.  I was unable to attend the evening services because Daniel started running a fever in the afternoon.  Poor little man - he was burning up, and eventually tossed his cookies.  Abigail had been sick a day or two before, and was really not feeling well, either, so I kept her home as well.  As is the custom, the bug had to be passed to the other family members, so Josiah had a raging fever on Monday and Tuesday, which meant our school schedule got all messed up (I HATE that!) and Esther had it on Wednesday and Thursday.  I could tell none of them have been feeling well, because they haven't been eating us out of house and home!  I think everyone is on the upward swing now, in regard to their health.

One of the highlights of our trips out west is the chance to eat at the In-N-Out restaurant.  In-N-Out is a western based, family owned chain of restaurants of the burger/fries/shakes variety.  You have never had fast food so fresh and so yummy!  I told Paul that I was glad we have some meetings out here so we can justify coming all that way to eat at In-N-Out!  I highly recommend it  - McDonald's will never taste the same again (not that it ever tasted that great to start)!

The truck is now fixed, and did a tremendous job hauling the trailer over the El Cajon pass last night.  The engine roared up one side, and the engine brake roared down the other side.  I stayed busy biting my nails down to the second knuckle on the downgrade.  We weren't going that fast, but the engine brake noise makes it sound as if we are in the NASCAR competition.  It cut over 100 miles off of our trip, so I guess in the long run, it was a good way to go.  now that we have been over it once, I think it will be our standard route to San Diego.

Pray for us - the children are still struggling to get over whatever it is that they contracted last week.  Pray that God will give us a tremendous meeting this week in Escondido, CA.  Pray for souls to be saved, and lives to be changed.  I want God to work in my own heart as well.

1 comment:

  1. In&Out is owned by a Christian, I've heard and they post Bible verses on their cups. Even more reason to frequent there. :)

    ReplyDelete