Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Are We There Yet?

While this question wasn’t really asked, since our children are used to long drives, the 1,754 mile drive from Colorado to North Carolina this past week was quite long.   I already knew the answer to this question, and was still thinking it from time to time. 

We started our school year this week – excitement mingled with dread, you know, but to this little guy, it was all excitement!

FIrst day of K5

Then on the way through Kansas, we stopped overnight and visited with our friends, the Heinz family.  Marlene works at a local quilt shop, and she took me for a brief visit.  Over 5,000 bolts of fabric – anybody feeling covetous (other than me, of course)?

Quilt Shop

Then, on through St Louis, in the dreadful rush hour traffic.  Always enjoy seeing the arch as we pass through the city.

St Louis Arch

As usual, there were a lot of miles that were boring…  I spent a good deal of time reading a book I picked up at a thrift store earlier this summer.  Spent a great deal of time wondering how long it would be before I could get out of the truck and stretch my legs.  This was the best I could do in the mean time.

Long Drive

We arrived in NC around 1:30 a.m. Friday morning.  It was so good to be back in this area.  There is a sense of coming home when we are able to visit.  We do love this area, and look forward to visiting our friends as well as ministering in two churches and our alma mater in the coming two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment