Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Normal

Well, back to a normal schedule, at least.  I don’t think anyone of my acquaintance would ever accuse me of being normal, but that is beside the point. :)  Yesterday was our first day back to school.  It seemed like an extremely short Christmas break, even though is was technically two weeks long.  Throw in a few Christmas programs, a 600 mile move, and the resulting chaos of last-minute holiday shopping, cooking, and other festivities, and you don’t have much time left to enjoy the break!  I even spent several days grading papers (I am almost caught up)! I was just as reluctant to start back as the children were!  My only consolation is that we will get out in early May and have a nice, long, summer break!  I think it will keep the kids occupied as well, so that they will not be at each others’ throats all the time.  I have noticed that boredom is bad for family harmony.

I am quite pleased that I can put away the Christmas decorations and no longer have to hop over the tree, or move the stack of plastic totes upon which it rested to get into certain areas of  the trailer.  I do need to make a run to the storage unit though.  Saturday, when we were out on church visitation, I saw a very nice 7.5 foot Christmas tree sitting in the box on the curb.  After some coaxing, my husband agreed to take it home with us.  This decision was, of course, accompanied by great, gusty sighs as he wedged it into the church van.  Okay, it was not quite dumpster diving, but hey, it was a really nice tree – for free! :)  I probably won’t live that one down for a while.  The pastor told his wife that she was not to ask for it in the event that I decided I didn’t want it any more!  What is it with men and decorations?!  :)  Next year, we hopefully will have a nice place to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment